Friday 28 November 2008

But today there is something hysterical in the air...

I am trying to understand what's going on in this world.
Everything is confused.
Reflecting about the Mumbai terrorist attack,I keep askin My-Self:
who profits from all this?
I think about the old adage
"cui prodest scelus, is fecit"
i.e. "Done by the one who profits from it."
cioè "colui al quale il crimine porta vantaggi, egli l'ha compiuto".
Who profits from an India-Pakistan (nuclear)conflict?
Who gains from a civil war between Hindu & Muslim inside India?
Civil War,
Religious Conflicts...

" But today there is something hysterical in the air..."
I shivered, then a precise page(41-42) of Salman Rushdie masterpiece Midnight's Children,came to my mind.Rushdie effectively depicted the irrational and subhuman behaviour of a violently enraged crowd, moved by hate,prejudice & false assumptions.
I don't want this to happen again!

We gotta open up our eyes. Change our mind-sets. And fight terrorism. United.
Love You All,
Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment